Applications are ongoing for the 2019 Confucius Institute International Scholarship. This scholarship seeks to promote qualified Chinese teachers and to facilitate the promotion of Chinese language and culture.
The Confucius Institute (Hanban) headquarters launches the Confucius Institute (CIS) Scholarship for Outstanding Students. Scientists and teachers of Chinese currently employed by the Confucius Institutes.
Three scholarships are available:
Scholarship for a Master in Chinese Language Teaching for Spokespersons of Other Languages (MTCSOL): early September 2019 and scholarship for up to two academic years. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (level 5) and 60 on the HSKK test (intermediate level). Applicants who may submit a notarized document of the employment contract are preferred.
Scholarship for one academic year (Chinese language and literature): beginning of September 2019, scholarship of a maximum duration of 11 months. International students currently studying in China are excluded from participation. Candidates must obtain a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (level 4) and a minimum score of 60 on the HSKK test (intermediate level).
Semester Scholarship (Chinese language and literature): starts in September 2019 or March 2020 and scholarship for a maximum of 5 months. Candidates who retain Visa X1 or X2 cards are not eligible. Candidates must have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (level 3) and a required score on the HSKK test.
- The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen
- Good physical and mental condition, good school and behavioral performance
- Wanted a career in teaching or promoting the Chinese language internationally
- September 1, 2019, between the years 16 and 35. Candidates who currently work as Chinese teachers can not exceed the age limit of 45
How to apply for registration
- For the application, log in to the ZJU Online Application Systemand Confucius Institute Scholarships Website to register, complete the online application form and download the scanned copies of the relevant supporting documents.
- Contact recommending institutions:
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius Classrooms in operation for more than six months. For more information, see www.hanban.org .
- Test Centers for the Chinese Ability Test (HSK) who have the right to recommend candidates for the Confucius Institute Scholarships. For more information, see www.chinesetest.cn .
- Overseas organizers of the Chinese Bridge Competition: Education and Culture Offices of Chinese Embassies Abroad (Consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions.
- Host institutions will review the eligibility of the nominees and Hanban will make an overall assessment of all nominations and admit candidates on the basis of competitive selection.
- After confirming the successful candidates, the host institutions will publish the admission documents. The copy of the Exchange Certificate may be printed from the CIS website. The student must register in the host institutions on the date and at the time indicated in the letter of admission.
For more details, visit the Confucius Institute Scholarship .