About The David Oyedepo Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to
qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading
organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria. Please visit
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
• Full Academic fees for a maximum of 1 year (In accordance to the University stipulated
time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
• Travel allowances
• Feeding allowances
• Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
• Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the
• Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
• Are between the ages of 22 and 30 at the time of application submission
• Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa Are proficient in reading, writing and
• Have a record of exceptional performance in first degree; which is benchmarked by:
1. At least a CGPA of 4.5.
2. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the
specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured
independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the
award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
May 27, 2019 Applications Open
July 14, 2019 Application Closes
July 2019 Finalization of finalists applicants and contact of same
August – September 2019 Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a
selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
• Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
• Proof of citizenship
• All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of
• A proven record of superior scholastic ability
• Displayed financial need
• Outstanding character
• A proven record of leadership and community involvement
• A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59
pm GMT + 01.00 on Friday 14th July 2019. Applications must be submitted online at