Application is ongoing for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars seeks to develop a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation.
Eligibility standards for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship
- Open to citizens of all countries;
- If you earned a degree at an institution outside the U.S., you must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing;
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS);
- If you’re still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you’re eligible to apply as long as you complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford. If you have earned a graduate degree, you remain eligible to apply in 2019 as long as you earned your first/bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later.
- Beyond the eligibility requirements listed above, you are eligible for Knight-Hennessy Scholars as long as you meet the requirements of the Stanford graduate program(s) that you wish to pursue. In most cases, you are eligible to apply to a graduate degree program even if you did not study that precise field as an undergraduate; please contact each graduate degree program for specific information about its requirements.
- You must complete not only your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application, but also the entire application process for your graduate degree program — including any standardized test that your graduate degree program requires (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and, if needed, an English proficiency test (TOEFL; or, for MBA program only, IELTS).
- Although we expect Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have performed well, there is no minimum requirement for your grades or scores.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program Funding.
- Funding includes tuition, stipend, graduate program and related academic expenses, with additional financial support available.
Method of Application
Each year up to 90 high-achieving students who are independent thinkers, display purposeful leadership, and have a civic orientation will receive full funding to pursue a graduate education at Stanford.
Interested and qualified? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Scholarship Application Deadline: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application is now open. The deadline to apply for the 2020 cohort is October 9, 2019.