Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to
bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient, and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes, and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Audit team as Entry Level Associates.
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a local or international university in any discipline with a minimum of Second Upper or equivalent;
- Will have completed undergraduate studies by July 2019, or graduated in the preceding two years (2017 & 2018);
- Qualification or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum KCSE Overall grade B+ with B+ in Mathematics and B+ English or equivalent;
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies (per job description)
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key performance areas
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Developing productive working relationships with client staff;
- Managing information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies; and
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good financial knowledge;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Competitive Edge – Brings a fresh perspective and challenges Deloitte to think differently.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.