The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from talented young persons of diverse backgrounds, for the Fully-Funded Rhodes Global Scholarships at University of Oxford, 2020
Eligibility Criteria for the Rhodes Global Scholarship.
- Nationality/citizenship: Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency (https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes-scholarship-countries/), you must apply there. Please also see the information below and online regarding inter-jurisdictional consideration -it may be in your interest to pursue that route rather than to apply for a Global Scholarship, which will likely be the most competitive Scholarships offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- Age: You must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 25th birthday on 1 October 2020, which means you must have been born after 30 September 1995 and on or before 1 October 2001.
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2020) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
Also apply for the following recommended scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarship is for two years in the first instance. A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees; the University application fee;
- An annual living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19);
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford. Scholars receive a settling in allowance on arrival (£225 in 2017-18).
- The International Health Surcharge, which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service, is covered for the duration of a Scholar’s tenure.
- The application fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
A number of research grants are also available to Rhodes Scholars, on application, which enables Scholars to, for example, attend international conferences or conduct additional fieldwork.
For more information on the Rhodes Global Scholarships visit the official website