Investec Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme
The Investec Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme is powered by Investec Asset Management as an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business.
We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors.
More Details about the program
About the programme:
- 12 months:
– on-the-job learning
– technical training
– professional development
- A genuine role offering exposure to the following divisions:
- Full support provided in the form of ongoing training and tailored workshops for personal and career development
- Applications open: 11 March 2019
- Applications close: 11 August 2019
- Only South African citizens are eligible
- Programme location: Cape Town
- Applications are considered holistically and not purely on academics
Supporting Documents required:
- South African ID
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Full academic transcripts
Who should apply?
- Applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career in asset management
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate (or post-graduate) degree within the last 3 years.
- We have a particular interest in the following degrees:
– Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Information Systems and Computer Science, Investments, Mathematics and Statistics
- Applicants with a strong academic track record at school and university (including Grade 12 English and Core Mathematics)
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
- Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
- Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
- Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
- Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
- Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
- Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business