Applications are ongoing for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students 2019, eligible candidates are hereby put on notice and charged to apply for this program as soon as possible. The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship programme in the world.
About the Rhodes Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarship is administered by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom. Scholarships are awarded in 20 Rhodes constituencies(64 different countries) around the World.
Selection Committees for the Scholarships are looking for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future. The Selection Committees are looking for the following:
• academic excellence (e.g. First Class Honours or GPA of minimum 3.7 out of 4.0, or equivalent). Further details on the academic requirements can be found under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ below
• energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
• truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
• the moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human being.
Rhodes Scholarship is open to students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe. These Countries are mostly Commonwealth Countries.
Rhodes Scholarships are Ongoing now! Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the year before entry to Oxford, for example, Summer 2019 applications would be for entry to Oxford in 2020 (see Timeline, below).
Timeline for the Rhode Global Scholarships
- 15 May 2019 Nominations open (Universities)
- 30 June 2019 Nominations deadline (Universities)
- 31 August 2019 Application deadline (applicants)
- October 2019 Shortlisting and preliminary interviews
- November 2019 Final selection interviews at Rhodes House, Oxford
- Early January 2020 Deadline for applications to Oxford University
- Late September 20120 Arrival in Oxford to commence studies.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link