SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Chevening Scholarships for Tanzanian Students 2019
Applications are ongoing for the British Chevening Scholarships for Tanzanian Students 2019-2020. Chevening Scholarships for Tanzanians are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year taught Master’s degree programme at any UK university.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards programme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
LEVEL/FIELD OF STUDY
Applicants from Tanzania can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
• Good governance
• Human rights
• Oil and gas
The Chevening scholarship is being hosted by the UK Government and it’s taken in UK.
This scholarship is open to Tanzanian students who wants to study in the UK
A Chevening Scholarship in Tanzania includes:
• university tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes. Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
• a monthly stipend
• travel costs to and from the UK
• an arrival allowance
• homeward departure allowance
• a thesis grant
• a grant for study materials
• study travel allowance
• the cost of one visa application
• a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Deadline: Applications for 2019/2020 Chevening Scholarships are open between 12:00 BST on 7 August 2019 and 12:00 GMT on 7 November 2019 (both midday UK time).